Thursday, May 27, 2010

Astute Observations

Yesterday, while we were sitting outside Costco waiting to be rescued, BG was saying hello to everyone as they walked in. An older man wearing a cowboy hat walked by and BG piped up.

BG: Hi! Are you a cowboy?
Man: I am! How did you know?
BG: Cowboys ride horses and ponies.
Man: Yep, I bet you could tell by my hat.

It was pretty cute exchange and I was grateful that the man was kind about it. I'm not looking forward to the day when she blurts our equally obvious, but less socially correct observations such as "That man is fat." or "Why does s/he look that way?"

1 comment:

Mary said...

my mom told me how mortified she was when I yelled out, "is that lady chocolate?" I was two...and she still cringes everytime she tells the story. Gotta love kids!