Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

I've been slacking on the blogging lately, but we've been busy. This week has been especially eventful, so I thought I'd post about it.

Seeing as how this was a holiday week, I got to take two extra days off work (because the girls were sick). We got to get out and about (to the doctor's office) in our time off. We whipped up a cheese ball for the Thanksgiving feast. On Thursday, we lounged around most of the day (because I was sick) and enjoyed a big meal (brought to us by a kind in-law). I did some Black Friday shopping (online since I had to work). I got some good deals (Saturday, after everything had been picked through) and bought a fresh turkey on sale. We went for a nice drive (to the doctor again) and nearly got admitted to an exclusive facility (the hospital). Blanche has been upbeat (despite moderate dehydration) and really putting her diapers to good use (with excessive diarrhea). We got to watch our team beat their biggest rival (by one point) and settle back for a cozy evening. So all in all, a great holiday week.

All sarcasm aside, we do have much to be thankful for. Right now I'm especially thankful for (typically) good health, health insurance, medication to help illness, and providers who are open during the holidays in addition to the many other blessings we have.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm sorry things didn't go as planned!! Boo for sucky Turkey Days.

Mary said...

Hubby got to come home for the weekend...and spent most of it in the bed and the bathroom :o(
Hope the girls (inlcuding YOU) start to feel better soon!

Jessica G. said...

We had over some friends whose family had bailed on them this year and it was fun. Plus, I made a HUGE pan of sweet potatoes and have been living off the leftovers since.

Julie and Carlos said...

he he he put those diapers to good use! Glad they are feeling better.