Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

The new year presents a time for reflection on the past and a chance to look forward to the future. Our family has been incredibly blessed this past year and I want to take a minute to list some of those blessings.
  1. Stable Employment: Both JM and I have jobs that we feel secure about. We have not lost our jobs, nor do we fear such a thing happening.
  2. My Wonderful Husband: JM has always been so supportive of me and my goals. In 2007 he wholly supported me when I decided I wanted a new job (got one, hate it), then wanted to go back to school. He supported me in the many hours (and dollars) of studying for the entrance exam and school applications.
  3. Our Darling Daughter: BG has grown so much this past year. I look at pictures from last Christmas, when I thought she was so big. Now that seems so long ago and she has advanced so much since then. She is typically a happy, loving, obedient child. We love having her in our family. It is so fun to see her little personality blossom.
  4. The Gospel of Jesus Christ: I am so thankful for my religion and the peace and comfort it provides. When life gets hard, I know that I am not alone. I am so grateful for His sacrifice so I can live with Him and my family forever.
  5. Our Families: We live close to both my parents, and some of JM's family. They are such a strength and support for us. I love that BG knows her grandparents and asks to visit them.

The list could go on and on, but I'll not bore you. And now, here is a list of my resolutions/goals for 2009.

  1. Be a More Consistent Parent: I am trying to better follow through with consequences for BG (good and bad). I tend to threaten time-out, then not deliver. Or, only deliver when the time out is more for me than her.
  2. Figure Out What I Want to Do With My Life: I realize this is an ongoing process, but I want to continue to explore and discover what I want out of life. This will mean setting priorities and no doing everything - that's hard when I want it all!
  3. Be Less Judgmental: I want to make a more concerted effort to fight this natural tendency. I tend to reject what I don't understand. I want to be more patient and loving to those around me.

I hope all of you have a very happy new year! I hope that 2009 will be great, even if time is going by faster and faster every year. Weren't we "partying like it's 1999" just last year?

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Have a great new year, Jessica! These sound like great goals.

Mary said...

I think all women struggle with being too judgmental...I know I do! Sounds like an awesome plan!

Unknown said...

Those sound like some great goals. I know sometimes I have a hard time being consistent with Kaden. So that one is one I am daily working on. Happy New Year!

Jillene said...

What a GREAT post!! Happy New Year!!

Erin said...

Your three goals are constantly on my list of goals too. Good luck to both of us!