Thursday, October 8, 2009

Restrictions and Ramblings

I went to the OB today for my 25 weeks visit. I've made it to viability! (That means should Blanche be born, she actually has a chance of survival. Not that anyone wants that now, but a big milestone anyway.) Everything looks good and Blanche is growing well. She is really active and my OB, at times, has a hard time pinning down her heartbeat.

While at my appointment, we discussed hospital restrictions. Most hospitals in our area (including the one I work at and the one I will deliver at) are implementing visitor restrictions this winter due to H1N1. While I knew that was happening it didn't hit me until today that BG will not get to visit me in the hospital when Blanche is born. Visitors are restricted to two at a time and must be over age 12. While it makes me kind of sad that BG won't get to meet Blanche until we bring her home, I understand the rationale behind it. I don't want someone else's sick 3 year old coughing on my new baby.

On a totally different note, I made more caramel popcorn last night. Yes, the other batch was gone and yes, I wanted more. We also got Wolverine from Redbox and enjoyed a night in. I know I'm pathetic that I am just now seeing this movie, but that's how we roll. Hugh Jackman in yummy but I actually have liked him better as Wolverine in the other X-Men movies.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad things are going so well!

Jane said...

Funny you should mention Hugh Jackman. Linde was in the office yesterday and actually compared himself to Hugh Jackman.

Emilee said...

I think it might be better for BG to not go to the hospital--she is pretty young and it can be kind of scary for young kids to see their mom in a weird place. (Hopefully) you won't be in the hospital too long and she won't miss you much ;)

Nikki said...

I know Blanche is a filler name (at least I think that's what you said?) but how did you come up with it? It's much more original than 'Bump' or 'Baby' - I like it!

Julie and Carlos said...

Aw, that's crappy. Seeing your sibling in the hospital is a big deal. They should just make them wash their hands. The baby is more likely to die of regular flu than H1N1, and has been more of a "threat" for every year up to this one. Boo.

MommyBrain said...

Caramel popcorn?! Yummy! I think you've inspired a new craving but I am too lazy to make it ... such a dilemma! I want to see Wolverine ... and still haven't ... my boyfriend from Friday Night Lights Taylor Hierstch (something like that) ... he is such a hottie!

Glad to hear you pregnancy is continuing to be uneventful ... that's what I was hoping for :)