Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I'm not feeling the blogging mo-jo lately. My brain has shifted from thinking in blog posts to thinking in facebook posts. And facebook posts are really short and don't justify an entire blog post. Apparently I'm not good at managing two types of social media at one time. In an effort to update, here are a few things going on our our house.

Blanche is getting really good at crawling. She loves to stand up and regularly pulls herself to standing now. She is even able to stand on her own for a few seconds at a time. We had to lower her crib mattress because she now stands up in the morning. She loves eating shoes and I'm constantly pulling them away from her. Maybe I should get in the habit of putting my shoes away instead of kicking them off wherever.

BG wants to be a princess for Halloween. At one point, she wanted to be a cowgirl and she insisted on cowgirl boots when we bought new shoes at the store. I bought Blanche a cow costume and think it would adorable to have a cowgirl and a cow for Halloween. When I showed BG, she screamed "NO!! I want to be a PRINCESS!" At least she knows what she wants.

We are taking family pictures this weekend. I'm really excited because it's been two years since we've done them. I've shopped and we all have matching outfits. I hope the girls cooperate and they go well.

Last weekend I did some serious crafting. I took a few before pictures and am excited for the afters. The projects are not quite done yet, but I will post when they are! One of my projects was a candy corn wreath, which I love! I need to stop at the fabric store to finish up the other.

We have decided to buckle down and get serious about paying off our debt. I am reading the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsy and trying really hard to get excited about it. I love the idea of not having payments, but that means no more incidental spending. I'm sure once I get in the habit, it won't be a big deal, but I'm a little sad to let it go.

What's going on in your world?

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Just being sick. Boo. Good luck with Dave!

Nikki said...

Maybe you could sell BG on a cowgirl princess? Except I can't think of any princesses that had cow friends, just horses and birds and deer, hmm...

I'm excited to see your pictures!