Thursday, December 1, 2011

5 Things

Mama Kat is at it again with her Writers Workshop. Here's the prompt I chose this week.
2.) Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.

5 Things you don’t know about me:
  1. I taught a class at a local university a few years ago and really loved it. I would love to teach full time.
  2. I'm not sure I would make a good stay at home mom. It makes me feel like a bad mom that this isn't my goal. 
  3. I crave chocolate at 2 pm everyday. 
  4. I have terrible posture. I try to sit up straight but find myself hunched over a lot. 
  5. I'm an efficiency fiend. Almost to a fault. If I can't multi-task/make something more efficient, I don't want to do it at all. Example: I have something that needs to be taken upstairs. If there is only 1 thing, I won't go. I need multiple items to make my trip worth it.
 5 Things I'm knowledgeable about:
  1. Conference planning: I have planned many, many in my career, both big and small. I enjoy all the details of putting it together; mostly I like being in charge. ;)
  2. Healthy Lifestyles: I really try to live one and teach my kids about them. I'm not always perfect, but think I do a decent job. I fight for healthy nutrition choices in my kids daycare.
  3. Jewelry Making: It's been a while since I've done much with this, but I like making pretty things. I'd love to learn more.
  4. Public speaking: I enjoy giving presentations on topics I know well. (Which does NOT translate to speaking/teaching in church)
  5. Cooking: I really enjoy creating healthy, yummy food for those around me.
 5 Things I know nothing about:
  1. Cell Phones: I have one, I use one, but I'm scared of them. My new iPhone arrived three days ago and I'm waiting for JM to get home from a business trip to set it up for me.
  2. Football: Every season, I have to relearn the game to watch them. By the end of the season I can follow a game pretty well, but I lose it all between Jan and Sept.
  3. Business: My hubby has started several and I love listening to him talk about what's going on, because it's all new to me.
  4. The stock market: It confuses me and makes my head hurt.
  5. Single Parenting: After three days of a business trip and I'm desperate for JM to come home. I'm very blessed.
 5 Things I believe:
  1. I believe in God, my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, my Saviour.
  2. I believe that most people are inherently good and doing the best they can.
  3. I believe in choice, that everyone has the right to make their own and live with the consequences.
  4. I believe that respect and good communication are critical to the success of a happy marriage.
  5. I believe that teachers should be paid more for the incredible work they do.

3 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

I totally get the upstairs thing. A small pile gathers at the bottom for me to take up the next time I go up. Going up for one thing is SUCH a waste of time. (Although the exercise would be worth it for me.)
And does the public speaking thing mean I can't ask for you to ever cover for me if I have to give a talk?! Darn it!

Anonymous said...

great lists and nice to know about you! I wish I knew something of cooking!

Jessica G. said...

Ditto on your 5th belief! Also? The stock market makes my head hurt, too. But this might also be because I used to be the assistant to a financial planner and I was absolutely horrible at it so reading about stocks brings back bad memories.