Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Corn Candy

I love, Love, LOVE corn candy. I'm not sure what it is, but man, is it delicious. I love that when you bite into it, the different colors break off so nicely. I love the way it coats the back of your throat. They are perfect little triangles of heaven. I just bought myself a big bag of them today. A bag just for me that will stay in my desk at work. A bag that should last for months, but will be gone before October. The little pumpkins aren't too bad either. But, I draw the line at the so-called chocolate ones. They are nasty. When I bought a mix that included the chocolate ones I bit off the top two colors and threw away the bottom "chocolate" piece. Because it doesn't taste anything like chocolate. More like chalk.

I saw on another blog this great decoration made out of CORN CANDY! I briefly considered making one for my house but quickly realized that 1- I would eat it. 2- My husband would laugh at it. So instead, I will cut out the effort of making something yummy into home decor and go straight to eating it. Yum!

What is your favorite Halloween (or otherwise) candy?

7 comments:

Carlos said...

BTW, it's called candy corn.

Ashli Miller said...

I too love candy corn. Bart, however hates it. So, every year I resist buying some and instead buy something that he will like too. But, before Halloween comes, I always break down and buy a bag or two and eat it all by myself. Actually, I guess last year I had the boys "practice" trick-or-treating and I shared my candy corn.

Unknown said...

Give me chocolate any day and I'm a happy person. Thats one of the nice things about having kids as young as I do. We get their Halloween Candy, they don't.

Amber said...

that is hilarious, i've come across a few people like you in my life who LOVE candy corn. The lady in my last ward found it throughout the year during the different holidays in all different colors she loved it so much. you probably already do that too. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks Carlos for bringing up an excellent point. In high school my friends and I would have arguments over whether it is called "Corn Candy" or "Candy Corn". I can't remember now which side I was on, but I was probably wrong. I usually am in these sorts of things.

Jessica Oakley said...

Mmm...candy corn season! Its my second favorite candy season after cadbury mini egg season...

Breanne said...

I am with you on this one, I love Candy Corn! I love the whole Fall season, but I have to admit that one of the highlights is Candy Corn!