Monday, June 8, 2009

Female Right of Passage

No, I'm talking about Aunt Flo. Think younger. Think princess crowns and ringlets.
I'm talking about the pink sponge rollers. I bought some quite a while ago and finally got around to put them in BG's hair. She was actually pretty good while I put them in her hair. She looks pretty cute with the rollers in her hair.


JM's first question when he saw her was "Is she going to be sleep?" I assured him she would be fine. At the same time I was recalling my own memories of sleeping in pink rollers and hating it. I refrained from mentioning that to him.

See how cute her hair turned out?!



She wasn't too happy about talking pictures the next morning. Even though I already knew it, the knowledge has been reinforced that BG's hair is stick straight. By the time I picked her up from school, instead of pretty curls, they barely qualified as loose waves. But it was fun and I'll do it again.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I so remember those days. In fact, I think I still used them in high school!

Jillene said...

Aaaawwww....the pink sponge rollers. They graced my hair many, many times.

Her hair looks so cute but I especially love how happy she is in the picture!! (0;

Nikki said...

I remember those too! I hated sleeping in them, but I loved the curls the next day!

Poor BG!

Jessica G. said...

Boo calls her sponge rollers "hair pillows." And her lovely locks go just as straight, no matter what I do to keep the curls.