Friday, June 26, 2009

Tiny Tidbits

The gopher is dead. It took lots of poison but it is no longer burrowing holes under my porch and eating (what's left of) my flowers.
_____________

Remember how I was so excited to plant a garden? Well some if it is growing. I think most of it got flooded in the three solid weeks of rain we got this month. The back of our garden as been a pretty consistent pool of water.
_____________

I hate that now that it's 90 degrees outside, I sit freezing in my office due to the blasting AC. I keep a jacket at work at all times so I can bundle up. Do I dress for the office in pants and sweaters or the car ride home in shorts and T-shirts? Either way I go, I'm miserable at some point during my day.
_____________

BG has her 3 year old check up yesterday. Apparently, my 3 year old is overweight. WHAT?! We eat healthy, avoid junk food, never give her soda and yet she's in the 90th percentile for weight. Her doctor told me to watch what she eats, add lots of fruit, veggies, only eat lean mean and cut down on pasta, most of which we already do. *Ok, so maybe my obsession with cream cover pasta is not the best health example for my children. I plan to talk to the daycare director about their menu, because I have some issues with it.
_____________

I'm so glad I get the 3rd of July off work. We are going to go to the zoo (if it's not too crazy hot and crowded) or maybe the dinosaur museum. Yes, BG does enjoy the museum. Swimming is a good option too. We didn't get in enough activities while she was still free. Now that she's 3, we'll have to pay for her. Sad days.

7 comments:

Jillene said...

I don't dare to plant a garden. I SUCK at gardening.

What percentile is she in her height? Could it be that she just hasn't grown (height wise) into herself?

Jessica said...

She is the 50th percentile for her height. So basically, she is overweight based on proportions. I think it could be a matter of her just need to grow up a little.

Riddle Girl said...

She looks fine. I bet she does grow in to it over the next year. Also...She still "looks" two..hint-hint. (Although I would never condone-sp? fudging a childs age for saving money-Would I?!)

Erin said...

Don't you hate how we are taking care of our kids, and trying to teach them to eat healthy, and the doctor suggests there may be a problem? My problem with Ethan is just the opposite - he is in the 99th percentile for height and the 15th percentile for weight. They are worried that I don't feed him. Come on! Can you force feed a child? I give him options, and if he doesn't eat, he doesn't eat!

Sorry, you touched a nerve there :)

I'm sorry your garden kind of got drowned out in water. I hope you still get some good stuff out of it!

Kristina P. said...

I am so happy to have the 3rd off too! I think we're going to that new waterpark in Draper.

Julie and Carlos said...

Gavin's B-day party is the 3rd of July.... just come over!

Unknown said...

You should definitely talk to the daycare about what they are feeding her - you might be surprised (or scared). I just read Robyn O'Brien's new book, "The Unhealthy Truth" and it was truly amazing. It gave me a whole new outlook on food. I have now cut (or, am working on getting rid of all the crap I already bought) aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, milk and dairy from cows given the rBGH hormone, plus yellow-5, and I will make further changes as I get used to these ones. It was written for parents, and it really touched me, and I don't have kids!