Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who Has Time for All This?

Does anyone else feel blogging taking over their life? I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Here's the thing, I like blogging. I love reading up on other people and see what they are doing. I love all the fun cooking, decorating, and money saving tips I find all the time on blogs. But sometimes, it's just exhausting.

Plus, I'm trying to add more. (Maybe that's the problem.) I am trying to start a different blog about jewelry making. You may have noticed the new link on my sidebar. But I haven't been great about updating it. I'm hoping one day to sit down and write up a bunch of posts to time out then have a grand unveiling. Maybe that will happen this weekend. In addition to my new blog, I've opened an Etsy store - another new sidebar link. Maintaining that is also time consuming.

Basically I'm just saying "Whew! This can be a lot of work." Just wanted to get that out.

5 comments:

rychelle said...

funny you should post this. i've been feeling the same way lately. (and i don't even have two blogs and an etsy store)

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Yeah I barely got my Alaska post out this morning. I have about 15-20 blog posts that are saved and 1/2-written and I don't have the energy to finish them anymore.

I think everyone needs a blogcation.

Jessica G. said...

Wow, and I thought keeping up with my Facebook requests was tough...now I look like a complete slacker. ;)

Jennifer said...

Blogging is taking over my life, that's for sure! I just wish I had more time to blog! It stinks having to work 5 days a week! haha. I find myself up 'till the wee hours of the morning trying to get as much blogging and blog stalking done as I can!

Julie and Carlos said...

No, I do not feel blogging is taking over my life because I don't have time to let it! One post a week; that's it. People who post everyday do not really have the time for it - they are neglecting more important things to do.
(For example - are all you mormon mamas spending as much time reading the B.O.M. or reading to your kids as you are spending online???

There - off my chest.

Now I need to go read the B.O.M to not be a hypocrite.