Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Forget..

I forget that the third trimester of pregnancy is physically exhausting. I'm still clinging to the energy of the 2nd trimester (even though it has long since past).

I forget that I can't bend, lift, and squat like I used to pre-pregnancy without regretting it later.

I forget that fetal movements can sometimes feel like you are getting kicked in the ribs, repeatedly.

I forget that pregnancy brings on emotional highs and lows worthy of their own soap opera. (I may have burst into hysterical tears after church while telling JM my tights were too small and hurting me.)

I forget that being pregnant is more than just having "put on a few pounds". I actually have to purchase clothing made for pregnancy. (See above.)

How is that I have a child but still feel like a first time mom with this pregnancy?

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Those are the things I remember from being pregnant and that is the reason I will never do it again if I have a say so.

Nikki said...

My friend calls it 'placenta brain', which isn't a pleasant mental picture, but does explain a lot of things! :)

MommyBrain said...

Amen to ALL of that!

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have just five weeks to go ... and I had to ditch the anti-contraction meds this week ... ugh!

Thinking of you and sending baby bump hugs :)