Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Last Day

Yesterday was my last day at the non-profit job I have had for four, yes four, years. Four years feels like a very long time at a job. This was the first job I had after college (just gave away my age for anyone who didn't know already). It feels a little surreal to be leaving the only thing I've known in my professional career. However, I'm very excited to be trying something new. I am ready for a change and excited, albeit nervous, about something new.

Before I leave I have to give a shout-out to my super awesome, fantastic, incredible manager, Ms. D. She has been the greatest manager I have ever had (and I've had some bad ones!). She has been a fantastic friend, mentor, and supporter of me over the last four years. She has become a great and trusted friend and I will miss working with her everyday. So thank you Ms. D for all you have done for me. Thanks for being so invested in my personal and professional life.

I start my new job on Monday. I am spending the next few days playing catch-up on housework, errands, etc. I spent most of the morning in the car running errands while The Child was at daycare.

2 comments:

Jane said...

So I am now in charge of grants..thanks for that :)

Jessica said...

Sorry Brook! Give me a call or email if you need anything. The pharma's are really not too bad (once you get their systems down), it's just all the others that can be difficult!