Friday, October 24, 2008

Sweet, sweet alone time

Today I took the day off work. And I took BG to daycare. There really is a good reason for that. I took a practice GMAT test under test conditions - so three hours of computer testing. Fun. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped on the test, but it did give me the afternoon child-free.

I know I should have done something girly and just for me, like lounge while eating ice cream and painting my toenails. Instead I cleaned the house. Not very exciting to most but desperately needed around here. It was actually really nice to just clean without having a two year-old under foot the whole time. I also went grocery shopping. All alone. Aaaahhhhh....

I was hoping to get more done that I did, but at least it gives me a head start on Saturday chores. Since I've finished a lot of the basics, maybe I can get to the others things tomorrow that I never have time to do. Like mopping the floor or organizing my office. Who knows!

1 comment:

Julie and Carlos said...

It's true - you know you're a mom when luxury means cleaning and shopping alone.