Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This year I have been so busy with other things that we didn't do much for Easter festivities. In fact, I still have my Christmas berry wreath hanging on the front door and Valentines decorations inside. I never bothered digging out the plastic eggs I have somewhere in the garage.

We did color eggs. I had ambitions to go organic and use things like blueberries or red cabbage to dye the eggs, but that ended up sounded like too much effort. So instead I bought a kit from the store two weeks ago and we finally got around to dying Saturday evening. BG had a fun time. I showed her how you can put a red egg in the blue dye and make it turn purple. You would think I just invented fire she loved it so much. I let her dip her red egg in the blue to make the end purple and she talked about it the rest of the night.

We didn't do an Easter egg hunt. Boring I know. The Easter Bunny did visit. He brought some clothes, a movie, bubbles, and a half eaten bag of Robin Eggs. That naughty bunny! Eating BG's candy!

So our Easter was pretty low key. I did talk to BG about Jesus and why we celebrate Easter. We asked her what she learned in Nursery. The only part of her answer that I understood was about the snack. She did look adorable in her new dress, even if she did refuse to smile for any of the pictures (which are yet to be posted).

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like a great, easy Easter!

Unknown said...

Our easter was low key too, mainly due to a cranky little girl. Its nice when they understand why we celebrate certain holidays. Kaden grasped it really well considering the issues we have.