Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BG and a Baby

I took dinner to a friend with a new baby a few weeks ago. I brought BG along to see how she would do with a new baby. (My friend was more than willing to let her child be my guinea pig.) BG held the baby and loved every minute of it. At one point we asked if she wanted to give the baby back and she told us no.


I think she will do well when her little sister arrives. She talks about her frequently now. Just the other day she told the baby to "grow up big like me so you can come out!"My next task is to teach her how to change a diaper. You bet I'm enlisting help if I can get it!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think she's better with new babies than I am!

rychelle said...

double the cuteness. double the fun!

Erin said...

...and you're going to have one of those teeny tiny things pretty soon. How cute!

MommyBrain said...

Toddlers changing diapers ... you're brilliant :) And that photo is too precious ... I haven't been brave enough to hand over someone else's baby to my NHV!

Hope you're feeling well ... and your uterus is being nicer to you than mine has been to me!

Mary said...

enlist all the help you can!!!

Elise Smith said...

She'll do great! Alexa seems to be loving every minute of being a big sister. We had a rough couple of days right at first, but that's what grandmas are for- to shower the older child with attention while you take care of the baby. BG will love her little sister, I'm sure of it!

Nikki said...

BG will be a great big sis - and yes, get her changing diapers stat!

(And I'm still very curious about this news you mentioned in the last post...)