Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall Cooking

I love fall. I love the crispness in the air and all the yummy things to cook. I love that my kitchen isn't too hot to cook. I always get really ambitious this time of year and think I am going to bake up a storm. It rarely happens to the extent in my head, but it's fun just the same.

I love pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, roll, cheesecake, etc. (not so much the cookies, go figure). I have seen around that apparently there is a shortage of canned pumpkin this year. I bought an overpriced can at Smiths last week because it was there. The next time I was at Walmart, the pumpkin shelf was completely empty and I thought there might be some truth to this. Gasp! So I am planning on starting my baking with pumpkin bread. I have to get it in while we have some canned stuff in the pantry. Our family has already purchased more pumpkin bread from Kneaders this month than I care to share. Yum!!

I also made carmel apples a few weeks back and they were delish! Best Bites has a really yummy looking recipe for fancy carmel popcorn so I might have to give that a try too.

It doesn't help that I've hit the stage of pregnancy where I crave sweets constantly. Last night my dad brought us pizza and then we made cookies. I figure once you've already eaten 4 you might as well round up and make it an even 5. How could I not?! I brought some to work today and I'm sure I'll be eating more for dessert after dinner. So many great thing to cook for fall and just not enough time...

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

I hate pumpkin, so I don't mind that it's out. Now if there were an apple shortage, I'd be out with pitchforks attacking people to get at them....

Ashli Miller said...

I miss out on all the fall yummminess, because Bart is allergic to cinnamon, and everything yummy this time of year has cinnamon in it. So, I need someone like you close to share a few fall goodies with me!

MommyBrain said...

I do love pumpkin ... ummmm, pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips or a pumpkin scone from 'Bucks ... you're killing me, here - I have to be ready to take that darn three hour glucose test on Monday morning - trying so hard to be good!

Nikki said...

Mmmmmm...Pumpkin bread! Yer killin' me, Jess!

A Musing Mother said...

If you ever find pumpkin again, open it, dump in a spice cake mix, chocolate chips and bake at 300 for 22 min. Just passing on my awesome wisdom from Weight Watchers.

This is not a hint. I am truly so egocentric to believe that everybody wants this recipe.