Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gender Reveal

Yesterday we went the the OB and had my mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Just to increase the suspense, the tech did all the measurements and organ checking first. I'm measuring right on target for my Jan 21 due date. The baby has all the important features such as: heart, spine, brain, diaphragm, kidneys, stomach.

When we got to the money shot, the little bugger was crossing it's legs at the ankle. The tech looked at several different angles before telling us.

WE




ARE




HAVING




A




GIRL!
(I realize that was a bit TAMN-esk, but I wanted to build suspense.)

We are really excited. BG is excited about having a sister and has been talking about it ever since. I think there must be something in the water because I know of very few boys in utero right now.

Now we have to start on the name game. JM and I have a really hard time agreeing on girl names. It took a long time to get a short list for BG. Last night when we were laying in bed super tired, JM said "How about Blanche? It's a name AND a verb!" Maybe it was just because I was so tired, but I laughed pretty hard. What are your favorite girl names?

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats! I love old fashioned names that aren't old lady names. I think they're popular right now, though. Like Hannah and Stella, etc.

Erin said...

Yippee for you! Your girls will be great sisters.

Ashli Miller said...

How exciting! So jealous right now!

Unknown said...

Congrats and I'll pass word onto Jay.

MommyBrain said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! Baby girls and sisters for both of us! So fun, so fun! I am not going to be much help with the names ... I am struggling with that myself! I've had a dream about one name, but it starts with an "N" and my daughter's name starts with an "N" - and I just don't know how I feel about alliteration :)

So excited for you ... I was anxious to hear the news ... good job with the "Enter" stall :)

Riddle Girl said...

I'm happy for you! Glad you get to start planning now! I guess the clothes thing doesn't really work out though...Winter and summer are not exactly similar in how you would dress them!

BG will LOVE having a sister.

And wow, you are right about a flood of girls. I can think of only 1 of the neighborhood pregnant ladies that is having a boy.

rychelle said...

how exciting! i love the name lucy.

Nikki said...

Congratulations!!

I'm just going to suggest a few of my favorite names that Patrick has black-balled. It makes my heart hurt, but maybe you guys will like them more!

Elise
Elsie
Annalisa/Annalise
Rachel

And some Welsh names:
Imogen (im-oh-jenn)
Cerys (care-iss)

Jules AF said...

Yay! Congratulations!