Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One is the lonliness number

Is it just me or do us girls make things too difficult? Like getting together with friends. Why is that if I want a girls night out it requires multiple conversations, emails, and phone calls with a booking many weeks out? When JM wants a night with the guys it involves a 2 text conversation and happens in two days. I may be a little jealous of that.

After a conversation last night that went something like this, it got me to thinking.
JM: Are we doing anything Thursday?
Me: I don't think so. Why?
JM: John invited me over to his house. You ok if I go?
Me: Aren't you guys getting together on Saturday night too?
JM: Yeah, but he lives close and we were going to watch a movie.

Perhaps it's wrong, but this conversation left me a bit miffed. Why isn't it so easy for me to get together with my friends? Are we really that much busier? Do we just make it too hard? Do I just not have good enough friends to have a casual get together on a few days notice? I'm not sure what the reason it, but it's bugging me. It's making me ponder on the effort involved in maintaining a relationship. I think it's important to have girlfriends, but I know those relationships frequently slip down the priority list at an alarming rate. So this is me stating I am going to make a better effort. I am going to work harder to get together with the girls. I am going to try and make new friends. After all, I need some time away too. (If you are in need of another friend, please let me know! I need more too.)

5 comments:

Erin said...

I wish we lived closer together! I feel the same way you do.

Kristina P. said...

I suspect it's a mother thing. Because our conversation is completely opposite.

Oh, and I got your email! You are so welcome! I hope you make a million dollars. :)

Emilee said...

I'm so glad I read your blog so I know when JM is coming to my house LOL (I thought it was Wed)! I have to admit I am a bit jealous as well.

Ellis Family said...

I think it's harder for us because if we want to go out we have to schedule with our husbands to stay home with the kids or else pay a sitter. But with them, they just know that we'll stay home with the kids. For some reason it's always mom's job to make sure kid duty is covered.

Mary said...

I would have to agree with the commenter above. When I was working nights I would wake up to a text message from my husband saying he stopped at a friends house on the way home from work. We just can't do that!
Good luck with making more friends...it gets so much more difficult the older you get!