JM: Are you ready to have the baby?
Me: For the rest of the child's life, I would not want a Christmas baby, but today, I'd be happy with it.
In honor of such a conversation, I offer you a list of things of things to know you are ready for the baby, Redneck style. (IE- You might be a redneck if...)
You might be ready to have the baby if:
- A regular size bath towel no longer fits around you.
- The doctors at your office are now on their second round of commenting "You sure are getting big."
- You are disappointed every morning to wake up to a dry bed and no contractions.
- Counting down to the due date is more exciting than the countdown to Christmas.
- You are looking forward to working out to get your pre-pregnancy body back.
- Dropping something on the floor means it's going to stay there.
- You can no longer reach across your own body to buckle your seat belt.
- You can't hold your toddler on your lap because it's full of baby.
I'm to the point of being tired of being pregnant. I am not actually ready to have the baby yet - there is still a long to-do list. But being pregnant has lost it's fun.