Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sugar Induced Coma

I get excited about Christmas. I love all the stuff going on and the baking. This year the plan was to go light on the neighbor gifts to make my life easier. Instead, I ended up making multiple treats and packing them into cute little boxes. It took me two days to make all the "simple" treats. Granted, each one was fairly easy, but the time commitment adds up when you have a list of 5 treats. I made:














  1. Oreo Balls
  2. Peppermint Brownies
  3. Mini-turtles
  4. Carmel & chocolate dipped pretzels sticks
  5. Chocolate dipped pretzels

I thought about doing chocolate dipped candy canes too, but I never made it that far. That's ok. It was a bit much for me anyway. JM kept coming into the kitchen and was bewildered by all the treats. He asked if I was trying to share Christmas cheer or induce diabetes for our neighbors. But don't those little boxes look so cute with all the variety!

After making the boxes, there was some leftovers. I ate WAY too many sweets and ended up feeling sick. Good thing there is still more for tomorrow!

7 comments:

Casey said...

um...i wish i were your neighbor.

i'm meeting up with julie tonight at disneyland, and i'm soooo excited to see her!

Riddle Girl said...

I have to admit...The box made it's way up to my office and I don't expect it to return downstairs where the girls will get any. (Oh...I guess I will share since it was for the whole family!)
Thank you so much!!!
I'm still pondering if I have it in me to do neighbor gifts this year.

Jules AF said...

I love pretzels, caramel, and chocolate. I ate one this morning! Yum.

Kristina P. said...

I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at that!

Jessica G. said...

I am moving to your neighborhood!
I wanted to do the treat thing this year but still haven't started on those...should probably decide on the treats, eh?

Nikki said...

Don't we live close enough for me to get a box?? :(

Those look seriously serious. I think my blood sugar spiked just looking at them! And I'll have to try making the candy cane brownies; those look yummy!!

(By the way, my blog address has changed to www.agreatadventure-croeso.blogspot.com)

Mary said...

It all looks amazing! I always thought a sugar-induced coma was just part of the holidays ;o)