Monday, July 6, 2009

Everything you do is... annoying

Ever have one of those days? Today is one of those days. Everything JM has done is annoying. I came home all excited to make a yummy dinner out of ingredients I planned out and purchased last week. I sent him a text right before I left work asking him to fire up the grill (charcoal) so it would be ready by the time I got home.

I got home and he was sitting on the couch, grill cold.
"Didn't you get my text?"
Pulling his phone out of his pocket to read the text, "No. I don't feel like cooking. Besides, I already had a bowl of cereal. So let's just do something simple for dinner."

This single act causes me more annoyance than almost anything else. He gets home, maybe 30 minutes before me. 3 nights out of 5, he has already had a bowl of cereal and just wants to do something "simple" for dinner. I can't comprehend why he hasn't figured out that when I plan meals, buy ingredients, and make time to cook a nice meal, I don't want to just do something "simple" by eating cereal. Sure, I have those nights too. But it really annoys me and throws me off when I am planning a nice meal then have to improvise at the last minute.

BG wanted to go for a walk after dinner. I asked JM if he wanted to come with us on a walk around the neighborhood. He said he only wanted to go if we were walking 3 miles or more. I told him it was more about family time than exercise. He opted to stay and watch TV. Annoying.

After having a beverage, he left the container sitting on the side table. Why can't he throw it away when he is done? Annoying.

I really do have a wonderful husband but today is one of those days. One of those days where you scratch your head and wonder how in the world men and women ever get along. Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for letting me whine.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

We all have days like this...my bathroom is flooded at the moment because he refuses to wipe down the floor after he takes a shower and gets water everywhere. The logic being, I think, that I can do it since I'll be home all day. Well, yes, I *will* be home all day, but does that make me your personal MAID?! Argh...

Erin said...

It is hard to feel understood sometimes, isn't it? I hope today is a better day for you!

rychelle said...

men. annoying.

;)