Thursday, July 30, 2009

This is Why I'm Fat

Have you ever seen the website, This is Why You're Fat? It's a hilarious, albeit, disgusting website to showcase all the most horrible food on the planet. Bacon and cheese abound. While viewing it I often wonder if people actually eat these things or it they are sitting in their kitchens concocting the most disgusting thing they can think of. Sadly, I feel our obesity epidemic answers that question. I must also admit, I sometimes look at it make myself feel better. I mean honestly, as long and I'm not eating that, I can't be doing too bad right?

The Scooby Snack: A hamburger patty topped with a lorne sausage, cheese, bacon, egg and a potato scone served on a square bun.

My point in all this is that I'm gaining weight. I have been for several months now. I am happy to report it has nothing to do with eating Deep Fried Twinkies (although I have had the very unlike-me cravings for bacon).


Instead, it has everything to do with the tiny human growing inside me. Yup, I'm preggo. 15 weeks in fact.

So next time you see me and think to yourself "Has she gained weight?" the answer is yes. Even though I'm at the horrible in-between stage where I look fat but not yet pregnant, rest assured there is a new life growing in there, not a beer belly.

11 comments:

Jillene said...

YAY!! Congratulations Jessica!!

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! Yay! This is so exciting!

Riddle Girl said...

I have to say...I am disappointed in my husband. He can normally call out any pregnant lady in our ward before they have "announced" anything.
I am so happy for you! And no, you do not look like you have gained weight!
Yeah for another cute little B.

rychelle said...

congratulations!

how exciting.

Erin said...

Congratulations to you! I am so excited for you.

Nikki said...

Yaayyy!! Congratulations!!! :)

MommyBrain said...

Congratulations ... I'm just 4 weeks ahead of you ... can't believe how much the belly has popped in the past two weeks ... no longer feeling chubby ... feeling prego :)

And, oh my goodness, you're totally making me hungry! I've craved corndogs, chocolate milk, tater tots, and Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips ... and every piece of fruit I can get my hands on ... almost forgot, rocky road ice cream.

Oh geez, I've gotta go grab a snack!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ... come back anytime :)

cookies and cups said...

congrats and yes that website is hilarious!

Jessica G. said...

CONGRATS! :)

Deep fried twinkies? Really?

Julie and Carlos said...

Huh? You're pregnant? Whatever Jessica, I know you are just in denial of your newly found bacon craving, pork Rio salad consuming, fat slurping ways.

Mary said...

So excited for you!!!!