Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ignoring You

I have been ignoring my blog for a week now. It has been wonderful. No pressure to post, no stressing over a topic, no guilt for not having taken any pictures this summer.

Instead, we have been going on family walks in the evening and enjoying couple time after BG is in bed. This weekend we are taking a semi-sporadic romantic retreat. I'm beyond thrilled, giddy, ecstatic. It has been nearly 2 years since I've had a night away with my honey. BG is having a sleepover with Grandma. I'm not sure who is more excited.

So I will most likely continue to ignore you until next week. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I might check in on your blog. Or not.

(Linking up to Mama Kat for what is making me giddy: A break!)

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is great, Jessica! It sounds like a much needed get away.

Jessica G. said...

Yeah, I've been doing some of that, too. I think my Google Reader was about ready to cry every time I peeked at the stats...
Miss you!

Unknown said...

Don't feel too bad, I just updated mine, sortof, for the first time in 3 weeks. We all have to take a break from time to time. Have fun on your weekend away from your little girl.

Nikki said...

Go girl! Have a great time! We'll all be here when you get back(in a non-creepy way, of course!).

Jillene said...

YAY for you!! I ignored my blog for the last week too--too much going on.

Have a FUN little get-away with your hubby!!

Elise Smith said...

I think that's what summer is all about.... enjoy it while it lasts and don't worry about anything else! Have fun with your family!

Riddle Girl said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I feel like I have been the worst commentor for the past month or so.
I am truly jealous of your getaway! I hope you have a GREAT time! If it turns out nice you will have to let me know where you went.

Jeanette said...

A trip away together is definitely something to be giddy about. Hope you have fun.