Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zoo Trip

On Friday we went to the Zoo. BG was really excited to go see the animals. We went up early and boy am I glad we did. The Zoo was packed and by the time we left at noon, it was starting to get hot. Hot and crowded is not where I want to be. Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip. I'm not even going to try and put them in order, because that is more trouble than it's worth at this point.

At the Ape House, is this fun display to see how you measure up to the size of a gorilla (I think). I have pictures of me standing next to this as a child so it was a must to take some pictures here.

BG liked all the statues of animals around the zoo. I convinced JM to get in a picture with BG. She really wanted to sit on the gorilla and that required the help of Daddy.
Another shot of Daddy and BG watching the camels.


We did take of pictures of the actual animals. The giraffes were outside, which was pretty cool. Most of my giraffe memories involve the really stinky giraffe house - not pleasant.

BG sitting on the rhino. Not sure why JM didn't include the statue in the picture. This shot was the most zoomed out of any of the shots. I guess the purpose of the shot was lost on him.



This is BG looking at the rhinos. She let us know which animals were stinky. I love the look on her face!
The elephants were out eating. BG loved them and wanted to stay there all day.



JM took this shot of BG and I watching the monkeys. I thought it was kind of cool, so I thought I would include it. I'm not great at taking the artsy shots, so I'm usually easily impressed by them.
We also saw the snakes - which BG kept asking about and went to the Madagascar exhibit. She loved seeing King Julian (lemurs) and the others animals. I thought she would be really excited to see the penguins but she was less than thrilled. I think because they were panting in the desert heat instead of concocting funny plans. The black bears were pretty active, but stinky.

This concludes our trip to the Zoo. We had lots of fun and I'm glad we went. We will definitely have to go back again another time.

I'm linking up to Works for Me Wednesday for summer tips. Go to the zoo early, and leave before the heat and crowds get too bad.

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I wish we lived closer to the zoo.

And now I know what you look like for Saturday!

rychelle said...

that "stinky" expression is priceless. :)