Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Big Girl Bike

For BG's birthday, we told her she was getting a big girl bike. Since I am a bad busy parent, we just barely got around to actually buying it for her. JM has already found it a great incentive to get her to listen and obey. When she is good, she gets to ride her bike. When she is bad, she doesn't get to ride it, or "Daddy throw it in garbage" as she will tell you. I couldn't resist breaking out the camera for her first run on her new bike.



She got the hang of it really quickly. Half way around the block she was showing me how fast she could go and I had to speed up to keep up. Whenever I told her she was doing really well, she said "Thanks Mom." It was so precious. I think we'll be spending a lot more evenings walking/riding around the block.

9 comments:

Riddle Girl said...

Adorable and polite! She is a sweetheart!

MommyBrain said...

Oh, great photos! I am so envious of your daughters light, long hair ... N's is darker and still mullet-esque.

NHV got a princess bike for her birthday, too ... but hers is more like a trike ... and she can still run faster than she can ride, so she ends up strapping on her helmet and running around ... hoping she catches on to the riding/pedaling soon :)

Kelly said...

Aw! Your daughter is adorable. I love how her hair is hanging down, like she put some hard work into mastering the two wheeler.

Also, she'll love having this memory captured forever in photo. Great job, mom!

Kristina P. said...

She looks so cute! I remember my first bike.

Nikki said...

It's a PRINCESS bike! Oh, I'm jealous!!

Jillene said...

Aaaawwww....she is so cute!! New bikes are AWESOME!!

Jessica G. said...

Hooray for the big girl bike!
And I *still* bike rides as incentives for good behavior. :)

Erin said...

How cute! The helmet is adorable too.

Julie and Carlos said...

Aw cute! so - did you insist that she pay for half of it....... cough cough